It’s difficult for a person suffering from severe gum disease or multiple missing or decayed teeth to continue their daily activities, like eating, chewing, speaking, or even laughing. When an entire set of teeth needs to be replaced, full mouth dental implants come in handy. A licensed and skilled dentist in Goose Creek will ensure that your normal oral and dental functions are restored by replacing teeth rows.
What Is Full Mouth Dental Implants?
Full mouth implants are suitable for people who have lost most of their teeth or suffer from severe gum disease and decay in multiple teeth. In this procedure, the patient gets several dental implants, usually of an entire set of teeth. Apart from embedding multiple implants within the jawbone, full mouth dental implants also involve replacing a set of artificial teeth supported by pre-existing implants.
The two major types of full mouth dental implants include implant-supported full dentures and implant-supported dental bridges. Both of these types can be either permanent (fixed) or removable.
Advantages of Getting Full Mouth Dental Implants
Full mouth dental implants allow the patients to improve their smiles and quality of life. With this minor surgery (or a series of surgeries), a person can –
- Enjoy stable talking or chewing activities.
- Have an enhanced and more confident facial appearance.
- Have a new set of teeth that are easy to maintain and clean.
- Enjoy a set of artificial teeth that would last a lifetime.
- Have a healthy jawbone that would regenerate itself rather than getting deteriorate. That’s because most of your teeth’ roots will be replaced with highly durable implants.
Who Can Get Full Mouth Dental Implants?
Even if you are planning to get the best dental implants, you may not always be a suitable candidate for them. Since full mouth dental implants involve one or more surgeries,
here are some criteria you need to meet to get full mouth dental implants.
- Your overall health conditions should be good and should not have primary medical conditions, as they may hamper the surgical process. Besides, performing surgery on an unhealthy body would reduce the chances of success and increase the risks of side effects.
- You should be maintaining great oral and dental health regularly.
- You must have a strong and adequate jawbone to support and hold the implants in place tightly.
- You should maintain good healthy habits to ensure a faster healing process post-surgery.
This is why dentists check the patient’s medical histories before performing a full mouth dental implant.
The Procedures Involved In Full Mouth Dental Implants
To complete a full mouth dental implantation surgery, the dentists may perform it in three or four stages. To have a complete set of functional and aesthetic artificial teeth.
you may need to undergo the following processes –
- Your dentist may do a bone graft surgery before the dental implant surgery to prepare your jaws and make them stronger to hold the implants in the upcoming years.
- After you heal from a bone graft surgery, your dentist will start the dental implantation to place the implants firmly inside your jaw.
- Again, after a considerable period of healing, the dentist will attach abutments to your dental implants.
- In the end, the dentist will fit dentures, crowns, or bridges as per the requirements into your implants.
It’s time to bring your smile back and follow a healthy and normal lifestyle. If you are worried about any possibilities of pain or discomfort, you can discuss this with your dentist. You may be given anesthesia or sedation to make you feel more relaxed and comfortable.